Virus on Mac OS X to Data Loss and its recovery!
Computer Virus It is a program that can copy itself and infect the computer system without the permission or knowledge of the computer administrator. It is a program and contains some special instructions that are made to perform some harmful action whose results can range from simple corruption to complete network destruction and more. In History computer viruses have done big disasters in various countries by infecting the computers. These viruses are created according to various platforms. Like there are different virus programs for the Mac Computers, Windows and UNIX. There are various kinds of Antivirus programs.
Some of the different kind of malicious programs so called viruses are:
3. Trojan Horse
Viruses on Mac OS and OS X
We all are aware to this fact that windows is the most used operating system in the world and so the virus programs are also more that run on windows. After windows people prefer to use Mac Operating system and for a long time people were thought that there are no virus programs for Mac but it is not true now. As time passed, there a number of Mac Virus were created whose destruction level ranges from low to very high (dangerous).
There are some list of Mac Viruses that are recently came in light:
• AplS/Simpsons-A – It is the first AppleScript Worm. It uses scripting functionality of outlook express or entourage to send itself via mail to contacts in the infected user’ address book.
• Mac/Amphimix-A – It is a Mac program that properly formed MP3 file. When it launches in your system, a message occur with dialog box, “Yep, this is an application (so what is your iTunes playing right now?)”. It loads a Amphimix file into iTunes player as MP3 file. The track called Wild Laugh, a four seconds burst of manic laughter. It is a Trojan with low prevalence.
• Mac/Autostart-D – It attempts to delete the Mac/Autostart-A and Mac/Autostart-B. It uses same technique to spread itself except the names of the files it uses to spread itself are different. The AutoPlay file on an infected disk is called DELDB and is invisible file that adds in the system extension folder and is called DELDesktop Print Spooler. It was first seen in 1998.
• Mac/Cowhand-A – its aliases are hacktool.Underhand and is a kind of Trojan. It is a Proxy Trojan for Mac OS X. It copy itself to the user’s preferences folder and then it adjust itself to the user’s startup items. It allow remote hackers to use an infected computer as a proxy to connect to the internet. Using this hacker can cover their real location because the connection can only be traced back to the infected computer. Its prevalence is medium i.e. harmful.
• Mac/MBDF-A – It was initially spreaded via Trojans named Ten Tile Puzzle, Obnoxious Tetris and Tetris Rotating. It infects the system file as the infected application run. Due to this the Macintosh hangs and attempts to restart. Chances are that your system files damages beyond repair and not bootable. It was first reported in Feb 92.
• Mac/MDBF-B – It is a virus that is a variant of Mac/MBDF-A and is no significant difference in behavior.
There is a long list of Mac viruses which include Mac/SevenD-C, Mac/Autostart-B, Mac/Sevendust-B, Mac/SevenD-D, Mac/Autostart-A, Mac/nVIR-Fam, Mac/CDEF and many more.
The situation becomes very unstable if your Mac Computer faces virus attacks. These is a strong chance that you will never going to see or use your personal files and directories again. It is like a disaster that comes and destroys everything on your PC. You can use antivirus programs to remove these threats from your Mac computer but doing so will not take back all your personal data. It means one way or another you are going to face the loss at last. But you can survive from this major loss because there are Mac Data Recovery Programs available that can recover deleted, corrupted and lost data due to the virus, malware and all other possible threats. Mac Data Recovery is professional software that will give you what you have lost and if you want to recover all those corrupted files that were precious to you then Macintosh Data Recovery is your Complete Solution.
- hard drive failing ?
- LOST PRESENTATION ?
- I have lost all my images and files after upgrading to leopard ?
- Lacie Partitions ?
- OSX FAILING TO LOAD ?
... More Question
- Mac Internet History Recovery: Know How to Get Back Mac History
- Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
- Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
- Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
- Effective Steps to Fix Mac Memory Parity Error
... More Articles
- Restore Deleted Mac Partition
- Mac Data Recovery after Finder Corruption
- Mac Excel Recovery
- Signature Based Search for Mac Data Recovery
- Mac Data Recovery through Target Disk Mode