Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
If you are Mac users you might have experienced a situation when Mac fails to boot and you are unable to start the system. It often happens that when you attempt to start your system instead of getting the startup screen you come across blank blue screen with an Apple logo and your system remains unbootable. Thee can be various reasons responsible for why Mac system unable to start but the main causes are shown below:
- Unexpected shut down of system
- Damaged root file system
- Corruption of file headers
- Damaged Master Boot Record
- Improper functioning of Boot Loader
- Virus infection
Whatever are the reasons responsible for Mac startup issues but when Mac fails to boot the entire data present in your system becomes inaccessible and you are unable to access them unless you restore from valid backup or use third-party Mac recovery solutions.
It has been observed that usually when Mac users perform OS update or security updates then they come across startup problems. Most of the Mac users have reported that after installing Mac OS X 10.4.5 and security update they are unable to start the system. It means system unable to boot and flashes blue screen with an Apple logo on startup. In such condition Mac fails to boot due to following reasons:
- Corruption of cache and .plist files
- Damaged startup items
- Damaged Mac permissions
In order to make your system bootable you need to resolve above mentioned issues so that you can easily start your computer without any problems. Following are the steps you need to follow in order resolve Mac startup issues:
- Start your system in Safe mode and delete the corrupted .plist and cache files
- Remove the startup items by moving through System Preferences and checking /System/Library/StartupItems and /Library/StartupItems folders
- Delete third-party Kernel extensions from /System/Library/Extensions
- Repair Mac permissions using Disk Utility
- Repair disk using FSCK command in single-user mode
- Disconnect Ethernet cables and uninstall the latest Mac OS X update
By following above procedure you will be able to resolve the Mac startup issues. Even if Mac fails to boot then you need to perform fresh installation of Mac operating system which will definitely resolve the problem. But after re installation you will lose your entire data but don\'t worry you can easily get back the lost data using Mac Data Recovery Software. It is effective software with the help of which you can easily restore missing, deleted or formatted Mac data.
- hard drive failing ?
- LOST PRESENTATION ?
- I have lost all my images and files after upgrading to leopard ?
- Lacie Partitions ?
- OSX FAILING TO LOAD ?
... More Question
- Mac Internet History Recovery: Know How to Get Back Mac History
- Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
- Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
- Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
- Effective Steps to Fix Mac Memory Parity Error
... More Articles