Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
Hard drive is an essential component of your Mac system whether it is external or internal. You store your valuable data in a safe manner in hard disk of your system. But sometimes due to unfavorable reasons your hard drive becomes dead and inoperable due to which you don\'t find any means to recover data from dead Mac hard drive. When your hard drive becomes dead it just stopped working. It doesn\'t produce any type of clicking, popping or screeching sound neither gets crash but just quit and becomes unresponsive. When hard drive has no longer integration with Mac operating system then it goes dead and results a threat to your critical data. In such situations you are unable to get back your crucial data stored in your dead hard drive.
Its not an easy task to perform data recovery mac from dead hard drive but you don\'t worry you can still restore your data with the help of built-in utility. You just have to connect the dead hard drive to another Mac system so as to get back the data but you should ensure that both the system should possess Firewire port.
Below are the steps to recover data from dead Mac hard drive
- Remove entire cables from dead hard drive and then reattach the power cable to the keyboard and Mac system
- Power on the another Mac system and then connect the cable to the Firewire input on the back of each Mac system
- Press and hold down the \"T\" key of the Mac keyboard which contain dead hard drive and turn on the system while holding down the key. Release the key when you see dead hard drive icon on the desktop
- Open the dead hard drive by double clicking and then drag the entire data on to the desktop. After the completion of copying process drag the dead hard drive icon to the trash bin and then shut down the Mac system
- Then disconnect the cable from both Mac systems and from the keyboard of system having dead hard drive
After successful completion of this procedure you will find the dead hard drive data on your desktop which you can easily restore to any specified location. But this procedure is much time-taking and cumbersome so if you don\'t want to recover data from dead Mac hard drive by following such lengthy procedure then you can use Mac Data Recovery Software using which you can easily perfrom data recovery mac from dead hard drive.
- hard drive failing ?
- LOST PRESENTATION ?
- I have lost all my images and files after upgrading to leopard ?
- Lacie Partitions ?
- OSX FAILING TO LOAD ?
... More Question
- Mac Internet History Recovery: Know How to Get Back Mac History
- Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
- Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
- Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
- Effective Steps to Fix Mac Memory Parity Error
... More Articles