Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
EFI is Extensive Firmware Interface which has been specially developed with an intention to install Mac operating system on non-Apple computers. Mac EFI Bootloader is a actually as specification which acts as software interface between Mac OS and platform firmware. It consists of boot manager and built-in-platform firmware which helps Mac operating system to boot properly in non-Apple computers. Although, booting of system through this bootloader options is safe which doesn\'t involve any type of copying or modification of Mac OS but still it happens that users suffers problems and get encountered with data loss situations.
Sometimes there arises a need to modify the boot drive options or there is necessity to access the boot volume which has all critical data but due to some unavoidable reason you are unable to do so. While booting the system it generally happens that Mac EFI bootloader options commences due to which you are unable to access and modify the bootable volume which contains valuable data and you come across data loss situations. Immediately after completion of booting process the volume becomes inaccessible and you lost your data. You can prevent your data from being lost if you immediately modify the booting options and select the desired disk in between the commencement of booting process unless MAC EFI bootloader options starts.
In the case if you are unable to perform this process and lost your data then you need to follow the below mentioned steps to get back your lost data. The steps are as follows:
- Check the hard drive for errors and execute Disk Utility
- Restore data from recent backup available
- If all fails then restore the lost data using Mac Data Recovery Software
Using third-party Mac Data Recovery Software to get back your lost data is one of the best ways to restore the deleted, lost or missing data. The software is easy to use and compatible with all versions of Mac operating system. So, if you have lost your data while booting with Mac EFI bootloader options then use this effective software to get them back.
- hard drive failing ?
- LOST PRESENTATION ?
- I have lost all my images and files after upgrading to leopard ?
- Lacie Partitions ?
- OSX FAILING TO LOAD ?
... More Question
- Mac Internet History Recovery: Know How to Get Back Mac History
- Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
- Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
- Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
- Effective Steps to Fix Mac Memory Parity Error
... More Articles