MAC Launchpad Not Working Properly: Know The Steps to Repair it
Mac Launchpad is similar application as Finder which have been recently added to Mac OS X. It is full screen application launcher which simulate the home screen in iOS and has ability to create folders. It displays the launched applications of the system. Since, it is recently added most of the users are not familiar with it and face problems while accessing it. At times it happens that Mac launchpad not working due to some reason. For an easy access of Launchpad, generally users assign keyboard shortcut for it which can be done as follows:
- Open System Preferences and then select Keyboard shortcuts tab
- After clicking Keyboard shortcut tab you will find \'Launchpad & Dock\' on the left column
- At the right pane you will find check box for \'Snow Launchpad\'. Check it and then double-click the area where short-cut keys have been assigned
- Now you will be able to edit the assigned keys so that you can easily access the launchpad
- Then after press the desired short-cut key you want to assign as Launchpad short-cut for and close System Preferences
After completion of this process Launchpad can be easily accessed by the individuals using the keyboard short-cut key. But at some point of time it happens that Mac Launchpad not working even after pressing the short-cut key. When user presses the key there appears a \"Bonk\" like sound which usually arises when you press any invalid key. In order to fix the issues you need to perform Mac Launchpad repair so that you can easily access it.
Steps to perform Mac Launchpad Repair
- Launch Terminal by selecting: Applications->Utilities->Terminal
- After launching it move to Application Support folder in question (cd ~/Library/Application\\ Support/Dock)
- Open the folder (open) and then select the entire .db files
- Drag the entire selected .db files to trash5 and then restart Dock
After successful completion of above mentioned steps the problem will be resolved and you will never find that Mac Launchpad not working. Now you can easily work on Mac OS X Lion and access the Launchpad application.
- hard drive failing ?
- LOST PRESENTATION ?
- I have lost all my images and files after upgrading to leopard ?
- Lacie Partitions ?
- OSX FAILING TO LOAD ?
... More Question
- Mac Internet History Recovery: Know How to Get Back Mac History
- Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
- Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
- Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
- Effective Steps to Fix Mac Memory Parity Error
... More Articles