Troubleshoot Slow Mac Performance Issues
It is well known that Mac OS is one of the advanced and widely used operating system. It offers great performance and provides better services to its users. But in due course of time it happens that you suffer from slow Mac performance issues due to which you are unable to perform your task successfully. Most of the Mac users reported that while working on Mac system they gradually experience that their system is responding very slow and it takes very long time to perform any task.
Symptoms of slow Mac performance issues
- Speed of system decreases at much extent
- It takes a very long time to execute any application
- Certain application stops responding
- You are unable to add more data on hard drive
- Slow copying and searching of data
Usually, Mac users experience above problems due to decreased speed of Mac OS. Due to slow speed users suffer a lot and a time came when your computer becomes unresponsive. Such types of problems never occur overnight; you gradually experience that your Mac system is getting slower which is clear indication that something is wrong with your system. So, you must try to find out the reasons that decrease the speed of your Mac computers.
Reasons behind slow Mac performance issues
- Clustered Mac files and folders on the desktop
- When disk space is full
- Large files read/write operation
- Presence of too many widgets on dashboard
- Damaged preference file
- Presence of unwanted caches, log files and temporary items
- Permission conflicts of various applications
- Insufficient memory space
Apart from these there are various other reasons that can results in decreased speed of Mac computers. In order to troubleshoot slow Mac performance issues you need to perform below mentioned tasks.
Steps to optimize Mac performance
- Delete unwanted files and short cuts present on your desktop
- Empty the trash bin
- Clear cache, log files and all other temporary files
- Delete duplicate files
- Clean startup items
- Cleanup your hard drive and download folder
- Repair disk permissions
- Uninstall unused applications
- Upgrade RAM and increase its capacity
- Remove unused languages and translations
After performing aforesaid steps you will be able to optimize Mac performance and experience fast speed of Mac OS.
- hard drive failing ?
- LOST PRESENTATION ?
- I have lost all my images and files after upgrading to leopard ?
- Lacie Partitions ?
- OSX FAILING TO LOAD ?
... More Question
- Mac Internet History Recovery: Know How to Get Back Mac History
- Mac Fails to Boot After Installing MAC OS X 10.4.5 Update
- Effective Steps to Recover Data from Dead Mac Hard Drive
- Booting with Mac EFI Bootloader Options Causes Data Loss
- Effective Steps to Fix Mac Memory Parity Error
... More Articles